New course directory coming soon: email to place your order
Writing & editing house journals & newsletters
Aimed at: Those just starting on internal publications, intranets or newsletters and those with little or no formal training in writing or editing skills.
Workshop contents: This workshop covers all the skills needed to produce a house journal. Includes:
• How to find and write interesting news stories for print, and how to handle them online
• Handling management interviews and getting good quotes
• How to write interesting management-driven features
• Editing articles by non-journalists and cutting to fit a space
• Using a diary to generate news and features
• Handling the problems of copy approval
• Writing headlines and captions to attract readers
• Ensuring coverage for all offices and departments
• Editing your own work
• Getting the best from design agencies
Not for: Experienced in-house journalists (see Improving House Journals and Newsletters, page 18.)
THEY SAY: "Very productive two days. All the practical work has given me the confidence to do my job more effectively."