New course directory available: click below to download ↓
Aimed at: Newcomers to news reporting and those with only a basic knowledge. Invaluable for those in public relations and others who want to improve their writing skills, whether for print or online.
Workshop contents: What news is, identifying stories and writing them for different readerships. The workshop involves plenty of practical work with individual attention and assessment. Includes:
• Finding news, especially off-diary stories
• Researching and planning
• Story structure, with particular emphasis on intros
• The pyramid, and other techniques
• Interviewing for a news story
• Giving life to dull press releases
• Writing news stories from reports and exhibitions
• The differences in online and print news
Not for: Experienced news reporters or feature writers
THEY SAY: "I learnt about turning a story on its head to bring out the main points. The personal advice and exercises were great."