New course directory available: click below to download ↓
Improving your writing style
Aimed at: Experienced writers in all areas, from online to brochure and report writers, from PR to feature journalists, who want to improve the way they use language.
Workshop contents: This workshop is designed to follow on from the Writing in plain English course. It takes a refreshing look at how you write and the words you use, giving confidence to handle more challenging techniques. Includes:
- Structuring to grab and hold readers' attention
- Contrasting sentences, power words, ace adjectives
- The rules and when to break them
- Developing your style for different readerships
- Contrasting online and print writing styles
- A critical look at your use of English
- Individual assessment of your writing
Not for: Beginners
THEY SAY: "Fantastic! Content was tailored to us individually. All completely relevant and delivered in an engaging way."