New course directory available: click below to download ↓
Advanced feature writing
2 DAYS (split)
Aimed at: Those who have been writing features for at least two years.
Workshop contents: This is a split workshop so that delegates can plan a feature, reconvening on the second day with the completed article to have it assessed. The final day includes a detailed analysis of each delegate's writing style. Includes:
• A look at differing narrative forms
• The overriding importance of structure
• Analysing where features have gone wrong
•The power of language for emotion or effect
• An outline of advanced interviewing and investigation methods
• The need for stories to have a beginning, a middle and an end, with emphasis on intros
• Coaching junior feature writers
Not for: Junior feature writers
THEY SAY: "Inspiring stuff. The tutor had such experience and knowledge, we were very lucky to learn from a true professional."